What is Coaching?
Coaching is a partnership built on unconditional and non-judgmental acceptance and an appreciation of the client’s potential, strengths and capabilities. A coaching relationship is created to facilitate personal growth and awareness, and lead the client to a meaningful and rewarding life.
How can I benefit from an ADHD Coach?
An ADHD Coach
- has extensive knowledge of ADHD and its traits and symptoms;
- provides a supportive, non-judgmental partnership with the client;
- helps the client facilitate a more complete understanding of ADHD and how it manifests in individuals;
- uses a strengths-based approach to managing the challenges associated with ADHD;
- works with the client to develop effective tools and strategies for success.
People with ADHD face challenges that can impede their ability to reach their potential. An ADHD coach empowers the client to overcome challenges such as
- Difficulties with time management, follow through and completing tasks
- Lack of organizational skills, which often leads to clutter and overwhelm
- Difficulties with planning & prioritizing
- Avoiding procrastination and staying motivated
- Negative self-talk resulting in poor self-esteem
Experts in the field of ADHD endorse coaching as a means of managing the challenges of ADHD for many individuals.